We’re supported by moms. When you buy through links on our site, As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a commission.
As many parents have discovered in the last few years, myself included, babywearing is such an emotionally bonding experience. Let’s not forget to mention its convenience in allowing you to have two hands-free to get on with life! There are so many different options available from different materials, designs, fits, styles, or types that you will be hard-pressed not to find the perfect fit for you. The brands that we are going to look at in detail each have their dedicated fans who would no doubt recommend them to others in a heartbeat, but who will be the one that comes out on top between Tula vs Lillebaby vs. Ergo.
|Baby Tula Discover Free-to-Grow Baby Carrier||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||LÍLLÉbaby Complete All Seasons Baby Carrier||Prime||Buy Now|
|Ergobaby Carrier||Prime||Buy Now|
Just to save you time, my winner is the Lillebaby Complete but let us see how they compare in a side by side comparison:
Table of Contents
- 1 Lillebaby Complete
- 2 Tula Free-to-Grow
- 3 Ergobaby Omni 360
- 3.1 Ergobaby Omni 360 Pros
- 3.2 Ergobaby Omni 360 Cons
- 3.3 FAQ Tula vs Lillebaby vs Ergobaby
- 3.3.1 Can you wear two of the Tula carriers to carry twins?
- 3.3.2 Can the Tula be used Forward-facing as they get older?
- 3.3.3 Do I need to use an infant insert with the Ergobaby Omni 360?
- 3.3.4 Is forward-facing an ergonomic position for my baby to be carried?
- 3.3.5 How do I clean my Lillebaby Complete?
- 3.3.6 Can I wear my Complete with the straps crossed?
- 4 Tula vs Lillebaby vs Ergo – The one that comes out on top
Tula vs Lillebaby vs Ergo
|Tula Free to Grow||Lillebaby Complete||Ergobaby Omni 360|
|Weight Range||7-45 lbs||7-45lbs||7-45 lbs|
|Carrying Positions||Front-facing parent
|Front-facing parent, Front- facing out, Front – wide seat, Back, Hip, Fetal position||Front-facing parent, Front – facing out, Hip carry, Back carry|
|Shoulder strap position||1- parallel||2- parallel, cross over||2 – parallel, cross over|
|Sun Protection||Removable hood||Removable hood||Tuck away hood|
|Adjustable seat width||Yes – 3||Yes – 2||Yes – 3|
|Yes- 1||Yes – 1||Yes – 1|
The Lillebaby complete carrier is designed for infants and toddlers alike with a weight range of 7 to 45 pounds. Lillebabys’ slogan is ‘designed by parents, for parents’, so with this in mind, you would expect it to be full of features that are in tune with what parents want and need from a baby carrier. And you will not be disappointed!
The complete carrier has 7 key features:
- Temperature control panel – This is a very important feature as your baby can quickly become overheated when pressed against your body. That is further added to by the layers of material in a baby carrier. So they have come up with a quick, no fuss solution with a zip down front panel. This panel gives you the option to control your baby’s temperature without removing them from the carrier, by revealing Lillebabys’ soft, breathable mesh.
- Padded shoulder straps – This one is more for you the parent than your baby, but it is still essential. The shoulder straps help to distribute the weight of your baby evenly across your body, while the padding prevents them from digging in or rubbing. The straps can also be worn crossed for added comfort.
- Extendable soft waist belt – Another one for the parents but still vital. The waist belt helps to hold the carrier in position and can be adjusted to suit your size.
- Six carrying positions- These variations allow for the carrier to grow with your child making it suitable until your child reaches the upper weight limit of 45 pounds. The six positions are shown in the image below.View in gallery
- Two-way strap adjustability- This allows for the most individual fit that can accommodate parents that are petite right up to those that are tall and everyone in between. This makes this carrier exceptionally comfortable, so much so that it was the winner of “Most Comfortable Carrier” by Prestigious Cribsie Awards.
- Lumbar Support- This kind of support is priceless when carrying a baby for any length of time. It helps to provide stability, relieve lower back pressure, and allows for your baby’s weight to be evenly distributed.
Lillebaby Complete Pros
- Hip healthy certified
- Can use straight from the box
- Lumbar support
- 6 different positions
- Easy to use either parallel or cross over straps
- So comfortable to wear
Lillebaby Complete Cons
- Some reviews of mesh rubbing baby’s legs
- Material is scratchy
- Poppers to hold the neck support come undone
- Some issues with customer support
The Tula Free-to-Grow carrier is also designed for babies in the weight range of 7-45 pounds and has 2 ergonomic positions. Like so many other producers of this type of baby equipment, Tula was born from parents need to find the perfect carrier for their baby and situation. It comes with some great features that you would expect from a product that has been designed by parents and not by some tech guy/gal in a lab!
- Newborn ready- This baby carrier is ready to go straight from the box. There is no need for a newborn insert like with some other brands. The idea behind the Tula is that it mimics the natural shape and size of a newborn.
- Grows with Baby – It has an amazing adjustable panel that has multiple height and width settings to ensure a perfect fit every time. Meaning that this carrier will grow with your baby from newborn, infant to early toddlerhood.
- Waistband support – The waistband is wide and padded to provide not only comfort but to help evenly distribute your baby’s weight.
- Ergonomic positions – Due to its multiple carrying options and sizing, you can be sure that your baby is carried in a natural position that promotes healthy hip and spine development. It also makes it feel comfortable to wear long-term.
- Breathable material – The Tula is made from a single layer panel of 100% cotton, this ensures that both you and your baby stay cool and comfortable all year long.
- Adjustable – These carriers have a no-fuss design making them super simple to adjust to fit anybody.
Tula Free-to-Grow Pros
- Breathable material
- Simple design with no fuss to adjust
- No newborn insert required
- Lovely material designs
Tula Free-to-Grow Cons
- Only has 2 carrying positions- front and back
- Some reviews state that they feel this carrier is not suitable for a newborn until they are around 15-20 pounds
- Issues with fit
The Ergobaby Omni 360 carrier comes with a lifetime guarantee, so with this in mind I would say that they are confident that you will be happy with their product and that it should see you through your babywearing journey.
These are the features that the Ergobaby has:
- Multiple carrying positions – The main selling feature fo this carrier is the 360-degree carrying positions. These are shown in the image below.View in gallery
- Breathable Material- Made from cotton to ensure that you and baby are kept cool and comfortable, provides year-round use of the carrier. The cotton material is also soft and gentle on your baby’s delicate skin.
- Lumbar support- The Ergobaby comes with a padded waist belt with lumbar support for maximum lower back comfort. This helps to distribute your baby’s weight evenly across your body.
- Adjustable fit- It is fully adjustable allowing for it to fit multiple wearers regardless of size or shape
- Extra Padded Shoulders- these have been added for your comfort, preventing the straps from digging into your shoulders and allowing you to wear the carrier comfortably for longer periods. The straps can also be worn crossed over.
- Storage pocket- The Ergobaby comes with a storage pouch for all those little items that you have. It also comes with a handy tuck away UPF 50+ hood to protect your baby from the sun and wind. It can also be used while breastfeeding.
Ergobaby Omni 360 Pros
- Has 4 carrying positions
- Hip healthy certified
- Lumbar support
- Crossable shoulder straps
- Sun protection hood
- Multiple width settings
Ergobaby Omni 360 Cons
- Not user friendly
- Difficult to find the correct position for baby
- Some issues with customer services
FAQ Tula vs Lillebaby vs Ergobaby
Can you wear two of the Tula carriers to carry twins?
Tula does not make a twin carrier specifically. However, many of their customers have posted photographs on their Facebook page in which they are ‘tandem’ carrying with Tulas. Tula does recommend that you contact a local Babywearing group to get in-person support with this before trying it out on your own.
Can the Tula be used Forward-facing as they get older?
Unfortunately, the Tula does not face forward on the front. You could transition your baby to the back carry where they would then face forward.
Do I need to use an infant insert with the Ergobaby Omni 360?
The Omni 360 carrier has been specifically designed so that you can carry your newborn baby (minimum weight 7lbs) without the need for a newborn insert. The Ergobaby carrier’s bucket seat gradually adjusts and grows with your baby from newborn to toddler (7-45lbs) to support your baby in an ergonomic M-shape position.
Is forward-facing an ergonomic position for my baby to be carried?
Yes, unlike many carriers available on the market, The Omni 360 is not a ‘narrow base carrier’ even in the forward-facing position. The carrier has been designed to ensure that your baby is in an ‘M@ shape position where their knees are even to their hips, and a rounded spine, regardless of the carry position. The child’s pelvis is gently tipped forward when they are placed in the carrier so that the child’s upper spine makes contact with the parent’s body along its full surface.
How do I clean my Lillebaby Complete?
The Complete carrier is machine washable – just toss it in a cold cycle with a gentle detergent and hang to dry!
Can I wear my Complete with the straps crossed?
Yes, of course, you can. All of the Complete carriers can be worn with the straps crossed or parallel, whichever is the most comfortable for you.
Tula vs Lillebaby vs Ergo – The one that comes out on top
All three of these brands have well thought out and parent-friendly baby carriers. For the most part, they have similar advantages and disadvantages, so the one you chose will very much come down to personal preference. Out of the three, my favorite carrier is the Lillebaby Complete, and here are the reasons why.
Variety within the brand
Lillebaby is a brand that has a vast variety of different carriers within its brand. But what they also have is a huge variety within the Complete range. We looked at the Complete All Season carrier but this carrier also comes in Complete Organi-Touch, which is made out of snuggly soft organic cotton to keep your baby cozy and to provide a product for those moms who wish to have a more environmentally friendly baby carrier. The Complete Original which is their flagship carrier and the one all the others in the range are based on. The Complete Airflow which is perfect if you live in a warmer climate as this carrier comes with full-body breathable mesh to keep you both cool and comfortable.
All these carriers within the Complete range still come with all the great features that we have talked about too. They also come in a huge variety of colors and patterns to make your babywearing journey as individual and unique as you are.
The lumbar support offered with this carrier is the best out of the three that we reviewed. It is a great addition to any baby carrier and this one provides support to your lower back by allowing your baby’s weight to be evenly distributed. This means more comfort for you and allows you to babywear for extended periods. It also allows for the shoulder straps to be worn parallel or crossed as the image below shows.
No infant support
This is a huge advantage as far as I am concerned, no parent wants the fuss of extra pieces or inserts when they are trying to get out the door with their baby. We have enough to worry about! So the fact that there are no extra pieces needed for this carrier is great, you can use it straight from the box as long as your baby meets the minimum weight of 7 pounds, and away to go.
Personally, this is one of my favorite features. It really helps to support your baby’s near when they are small and unable to do so themselves, it is also great for when they take a little nap. Breastfeeding in this carrier is no issue with the head support providing a little privacy and comfort. Then when you no longer need it, simply fold down and snap into position. It is then out of your way to get on without the head support being in your way.
The Lillebaby comes with some great storage for carrying all your baby essentials with you. Meaning that you could get away from carrying an extra bag for short trips out.
The most positions
This is a hugely important factor for baby carriers. The more positions that you can carry your baby in the more versatility that the carrier offers you and it is more likely that you can and will continue to use it for a prolonged period of time.