We’re supported by moms. When you buy through links on our site, As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a commission.
Finding the perfect baby bottle is a huge deal for new parents and once you find it the search then continues for the accessories that are compatible. Comotomo bottles are no different and once you decide on this particular brand for your baby then you have to find those all-important extras. One of the best accessories that a parent can have is a bottle warmer, so which compatible Comotomo bottle warmer is the most beneficial to parents.
So let’s take a look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of bottle warmers, what to look for and of course, the best ones that fit Comotomo bottles.
Table of Contents
- 1 Do you need a bottle warmer?
- 2 What to look for when purchasing a compatible Comotomo Bottle Warmer
- 3 8 Best Bottle Warmers That Fit Comotomo Bottles
- 4 #1. Avent Express Bottle Warmer
- 5 #2. Kiinde Kozi Bottle Warmer
- 6 #3. Munchkin High-Speed Bottle Warmer
- 7 #4. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Bottle Warmer
- 8 #5. The First Years Quick Serve Bottle Warmer
- 9 #6. Born Free Tru-Temp Bottle Warmer
- 10 #7. Cuisinart BW-10 Bottle Warmer
- 11 #8. Boon Orb Bottle Warmer
- 12 The Winner Is!
Looking to Save Time? Here’s our Favorites!
Do you need a bottle warmer?
If you have decided to bottle feed your baby, you are going to be making up formula. Then you will probably not require a bottle warmer as feeds tend to be made up as required.
As the formula is not sterile, it is recommended that you make it using water at 158 degrees F, as and when your baby needs it. But, if you are using ready-made formula cartons or expressed breast milk, you might want to warm this up as it can be stored in the fridge for up to five days.
Alternatives to a bottle warmer
The method used by generations of parents that have gone before us, where you pop the bottle in a jug of warm water. Not only is this a tried and tested method but also a cheap one that requires no extra equipment.
For those night feeds you could save time by keeping some warm water in a thermos flask next to your bed. You would, of course, need to test the temperature of the milk before feeding to your baby. The flaw with this method is that there is the potential for the milk to be too hot and then you would need to cool it in a jug of cold water!
Not warming milk at all
As parents, we automatically assume that our babies will turn down unheated milk. Babies don’t need to have their milk warmed, some are happy with room temperature or even cold milk.
The best advice would be to work out what temperature milk your baby is happy with sooner rather than later. This could save you a lot of hassle and money!
What to look for when purchasing a compatible Comotomo Bottle Warmer
As parents, value for money is a huge selling point. There are thousands of baby items that we are told we must have but that is not always the case. So we need to decide as individuals as everyone’s circumstances are different. When it comes to bottle warmers to get the best value for money you need to consider the following
- Do your research (I think you can tick that box if you are reading this).
- Decide what features are important to you and your baby – multi-functional, timer, visual display, etc
- Be clear straight away how much you want to spend on this product and only look at ones in your price range.
- Ensure that the products you are looking at are compatible with the bottles you have chosen to use.
- Will you be using it while you travel, so does it need to be compact
- What heating method is used- steam or water
- With Comotomo bottles you need to take into consideration that they are made out of a heat resistant silicone, meaning that they can take longer to heat than a traditional bottle.
- The most important thing is that this product should make your life easier
So while taking all these things into consideration lets take a look at the best compatible Comotomo bottle warmers.
8 Best Bottle Warmers That Fit Comotomo Bottles
- Avent Express Bottle Warmer
- Kiinde Kozi Bottle Warmer
- Munchkin High-speed Bottle Warmer
- Tomme Tippee Closer to Nature Bottle Warmer
- The First Years Quick Serve Bottle Warmer
- Born Free Tru-Temp Bottle Warmer
- Cuisinart BW-10 Bottle Warmer
- Boon Orb Bottle Warmer
This bottle warmer does exactly what it says on the box. It heats milk quickly and evenly without any hotspots. This is an affordable bottle warmer that is compatible with Comotomo bottles. It has a small and neat design that is perfect for sitting on your countertop or nightstand.
It is also great if you are thinking ahead to weaning as you can use the bottle warmer to heat baby food.
- Heats 50z of milk in 3 minutes
- Can heat baby food as well
- Has a handy defrost setting for breast milk or baby food
- Milk can be warmed slowly and kept warm until you need it
- Does not come with a timer
- Quite difficult to add the correct amount of water for heating
- No indicator that bottle has reached temperature
- Doesn’t have an automatic shut off
The Kozi uses convective heating instead of steam to heat bottles, breast milk or jars. It can defrost and heat breast milk safely using its warm flowing water technology. It has a built-in timer, which eliminates overheating that can damage the antibodies and nutrients contained in breast milk. It can accommodate not only bottles but storage bags, or jars of varying size and shape.
- Built-in timer
- uses convective heat rather than steam
- Is compatible with a wide variety of bottles, jars and storage bags
- Preserves nutrients and antibodies in breast milk
- Can defrost and heat breast milk straight from the freezer
- Not very durable
- Breaks even with the correct use
- Heating the formula takes too long
The Munchkin is an affordably priced bottle warmer with some nice features. It has an on/off indicator and auto shut off alarm so you know when the bottle is ready and there is no danger of leaving it running all night long. It comes with an adapter ring for heating smaller bottles and food jars which means no more putting your hands in a hot bottle warmer. It also has a measuring cup so that you always get the exact amount of water.
This bottle warmer uses a steam warming system to heat bottles and jars.
- Quickly heats milk to the right temperature
- Holds bottles of varying size
- Easy lift basket to remove bottles and jars
- Uses steam warming system
- No defrost setting for breast milk
- May take some trial and error to get temperature spot on
This bottle warmer is very easy to operate, which is great for sleep-deprived parents. You pour the water in, place the bottle in the warmer and choose your heating setting according to the instructions. Once the bottle is warm you can simply test the temperature before feeding to your baby.
The bottle warmer can hold most bottle sizes comfortable. It’s super easy to clean and quite small so can be portable although it will need an electricity supply.
- Simply to use
- Fits most bottle sizes
- Low cost
- Does not have an indicator to tell you when the temperature has been reached
- Dial is unclear as to what temperature has been selected
- No Timer
- No automatic shut off
- No On/Off switch so have to turn off at the mains
- No different to using a jug of warm water
An easy to use bottle warmer. Features a small basket in which you can sterilize pacifiers, teats and teething rings. This makes it multifunctional and also you can get that pacifier sterilized and back to the baby with less hassle and fuss. It fits most bottles and has a compact design making it great for travel.
Bottles are warmed in around 3 minutes, which is fantastic when you have a hungry crying baby to satisfy! You are also able to defrost breastmilk safely in the warmer, which again is just making parents’ lives easier and less stressful. Something that all us parents want!
- Warms bottles quickly
- Multifunctional- sterilize pacifiers and teats
- Compact size for easy transport
- Defrost breastmilk
- Basket for heating baby food
- Short cord, meaning you may need to use an extension lead
- Small circumference, so difficult to get pouches in
- Milk gets very hot, too hot for baby to drink
- Tricky to estimate the amount of water required to heat milk
This is the Porsche of bottle warmers with too many features to mention but here are the highlights. It is compatible with most bottle brands. It can safely warm breastmilk or formula to the optimal temperature for your baby. With its intuitive dial a bottle size, which takes all the guesswork out of heating that bottle. This also ensures a consistent temperature is constantly reached.
It can heat a 5oz bottle in under 3 minutes and a 9oz bottle in 4-6 minutes. Short enough to pacify a hungry baby! It has an automatic shut off, visual count down and an indicator showing when the bottle is ready. It only needs to be filled once a day, and because it automatically adjusts to heat differing bottle sizes there is no measuring. This is a huge plus for busy sleep-deprived parents.
It comes complete with a removable cooler section that can keep two bottles cool for up to 8 hours. A lifesaver for those nighttime feeds. That would have been so useful when my children were little, much easier than having to trudge to the kitchen to make a bottle or get one from the refrigerator.
- Visual indicators and countdown
- Intuitive heating with no guesswork
- No measuring
- Multifunctional with removable cooler section
- Consistent heating temperature
- No need to add water each time
- Fits most bottles
- super reliable and long-lasting
- Adjusting wheel is not very precise
- Water gets too hot for breastmilk storage bags
- You can not move around once water there is water in it as it spills.
- The cooler does not attach securely
- No basket for heating food jars
- One of the more expensive bottle warmers
This bottle warmer comes with lots of really useful features. You can heat formula or breastmilk in either glass or plastic bottles. It also has the option to heat baby food jars in a basket that is also included.
It has both an integrated night light and measuring cup, which keeps the footprint of this bottle warmer small and compact. It is a little on the pricey side when for a similar amount you can get one that has many more features.
- Easy to use
- Compact and portable
- Bottles are warmed gently and evenly without hot spots
- Turns off automatically once it is out of water
- No indicator for when the bottle is ready
- Difficult to measure the correct amount of water required
- On the expensive side for such a simple bottle warmer
- Inconsistent temperature
This bottle warmer has a modern and stylish design that in my opinion would look good on any countertop. Like many warmers, it uses steam to achieve perfectly heated milk or food without hot spots.
It has a universal fit which means its compatible with the vast majority of brands. It also comes with a basket for warming baby food so you don’t have to put your hands in to retrieve the jar!
It is compact enough to be easily transported and the price is around the average vs competitors.
- It looks good
- It is easier than doing it the old fashioned way
- It warms milk to the required temperature
- Takes around 3 minutes to heat 2oz of milk
- No audible notification that bottle
- The bottle got really hot but milk was still cold
The Winner Is!
All of the bottle warmers we have featured have their advantages and disadvantages. They each are suitable for someone but it will depend on the features that you are looking for.
Personally, my favorite compatible Commotomo bottle warmer is the Born Free Tru-Temp bottle warmer. Even with its disadvantages for me it still comes out on top. All its features are geared towards making parents’ lives easier, which at the end of the day is exactly what these products should do!
The Tru-Temp is super reliable and durable. It has both a visual indicator and a countdown for when bottles are ready. It only needs to be filled once a day which for busy parents is just fantastic and it provides a consistent temperature for heating. With its intuitive warming system taking all the guesswork out of bottle warming!