Homeschooling quotes help you get through those rough days when you’re not sure if you’re going to get through them. They bring a smile to your face when you’re trying to remember fourth-grade math.
More than anything, they can give you the encouragement that you need to get through the rest of the day.
It doesn’t matter whether you need a smile or a reminder that you’re not alone and doing an awesome job, these quotes are the perfect thing for you today.
25 Homeschooling Quotes
- “Homeschooled children will always benefit the community because they are not shaped by peers but by parents.” – Mary Kay Clark
Our entire school system is based on the notion of passive students that must be “taught” if they are to learn… Our country spends tens of billions of dollars each year not just giving students a second-rate education, but at the same time actively preventing them from getting an education on their own. And I’m angry at how school produces submissive students with battered egos. Most students have no idea of the true joys of learning, and of how much they can actually achieve on their own. – Adam Robinson
- To make the most of this homeschooling life, we need to create the conditions for our children to thrive. Indoor and outdoor environments rich with imaginative play, natural objects, interesting people, good books, art supplies, and organic experiences, to name a few. And above all, a parent committed to letting them explore, learn and grow at their own pace. – Ainsley Arment
- “To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “What is most important and valuable about the home as a base for children’s growth into the world is not that it is a better school than the schools, but that it isn’t a school at all. – John Holt”
Thank goodness I was never sent to school: it would have rubbed off some of the originality. – Beatrix Potter
- “So if I put the kids in daycare and work, I’ll bring home exactly $56 after paying for daycare…yeah, that sounds worth it.” – Unknown author
- “We must be careful not to discourage our twelve-year-olds by making them waste the best years of their lives preparing for examinations.” – Freeman Dyson
- “I homeschool because I have seen the village and I don’t want it raising my kids.” – Unknown
Homeschooling isn’t about isolating children, though it is about sheltering to a degree. Those of us who homeschool are fighting baptism by fire – we’re seeking incremental growth for our children at the right developmental speed. We pull them out of school because the institution doesn’t do that, no matter how talented or hard-working the educational team. Children face an immediate push toward sameness and conformity. – Ginny Kochis
- “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
- “When the atmosphere encourages learning, the learning is inevitable.” – Elizabeth Foss
- “Education must not simply teach work – it must teach Life.” – W. E. B. Du Bois
- “The best education I have ever received was through travel.” – Lisa Ling View in gallery
- “Homeschooling is important when we want to move beyond damage control of bullying and sexual harassment to developing sound moral principles and talents in our children.” – Rebbecca Devitt
- “Play is the greatest form of research.” – Albert Einstein
- “Once upon a time, all children were homeschooled. They were not sent away from home each day to a place just for children but lived, learned, worked, and played in the real world, alongside adults and other children of all ages.” – Rachel Gathercole
We ask children to do for most of a day what few adults are able to do for even an hour. How many of us, attending, say, a lecture that doesn’t interest us, can keep our minds from wandering? Hardly any. – John Holt
- “Schools are producing test takers, while life needs thinkers and innovators.” – Bette Fetter
- “Children learn from anything and everything they see. They learn wherever they are, not just in special learning places.” – John Holt
- “There seems to be an unspoken idea, in the instruction of the young, that the people who start the fastest will go the farthest. But that’s not only an unproven theory; it’s not even a tested theory. The assumption that the steeper the learning curve, the higher it will go, is also unfounded. If we did things a little differently, we might find out that people whose learning curves were much slower might later on go up just as high or higher.” – John Holt
- “A child only educated at school is an uneducated child.” – George Santayana
- “Children may be more capable of competent self-directed learning than we give them credit for…” – John Holt
It’s true there are just not enough hours in a day to teach children, clean the house and cook well. The difference between me and other mothers is that I’d rather hire out the cleaning than the children’s learning. – Theresa Thomas
- “My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself.” – George Bernard Shaw
Homeschooling can be challenging. There are stereotypes that you have to deal with. People that aren’t familiar with homeschooling think that children are not socialized.
You have to juggle working, schooling and so much more. However, the rewards are simply too great to ignore this option.
It’s important to remember that you always have to do what’s best for your family, which may be homeschooling. If you’re having a rough day, bookmark these quotes to make sure that a smile or some inspiration is just a click away.