We’re supported by moms. When you buy through links on our site, As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a commission.
Moms are the backbone of the family most of the time. They’re the ones that keep things together when they should be falling apart. Our mother is the one that keeps our heads held high and wipes our tears away.
A mom has to play a lot of roles. They are a nurse, doctor, teacher, personal therapist, and cheerleader to name a few. Not to mention a chef, personal driver, and hairstylist.
They don’t get paid a dime for any of it. In recent studies, they’ve found that being a mom is the equivalent of having at least two full-time jobs.
When a woman does all of this and does it all from the love in her heart, she deserves a nice compliment every once in a while.
Table of Contents
- 1 How To Compliment Your Mom
- 2 Compliments To Make Your Mom Smile
- 2.1 Cute Compliments For Your Mom
- 2.2 Compliments For Moms To Show They Are Appreciated
- 2.3 The Nicest Things You Can Say To Your Mom
- 2.4 Specific Compliments Will Make Your Mom Feel Special
- 2.5 Compliments For Your Mom About Her Parenting Style
- 2.6 Compliments For Your Mom About Her Hobbies
- 2.7 Sweet Things To Say To Your Mother
- 2.8 Beautiful Things To Say To Your Mom That She’ll Never Forget
- 2.9 Compliment Your Mom On Her Personality
- 2.10 More Wonderful Things To Say To Your Mom
- 3 In Conclusion
How To Compliment Your Mom
Sometimes, a compliment can be anything nice that you want to say.
However, if your mom is a person that truly appreciates it when people put thought into things, you should put a little bit of thought into the compliments that you give your mom.
First, consider what your mom has going on. Does she have a new hobby? Is she really focused on her appearance? What your mom is into can tell you what you should compliment.
She’ll not only appreciate the compliment, but she’ll also appreciate you noticing what is going on in her life too.
Next, consider what she does for you. If your mom works all day and your dad makes sure to cook dinner, it obviously doesn’t make sense to compliment her on being the best chef in the world.
Instead, give her compliments on things that she does or who she is. For example, compliment her for being nice, or being such a hard worker.
Thank her for something she does, like always making sure the kitchen is clean. It’s important to give genuine compliments that make sense.
Compliments To Make Your Mom Smile
View in gallery
Not only does she deserve them, but she needs them. There’s nothing quite as nice as knowing that all of your hard work as a mom is appreciated.
A cute compliment can bring a smile to her face when she’s having a rough day. It can make your mom feel loved just like she makes you feel loved.
If you’re not sure what to say, this list of compliments will give you plenty of things to say or text that will make your mom smile. (You can also use them as something to write inside of a Mother’s Day Card!)
Cute Compliments For Your Mom
If you’re looking for cute compliments, these are a great way to make your mom smile ear to ear. They’ll remind her how adorable you are too!
Take a moment to browse through the list. Some of these are compliments on things that your mom might do, like making you dinner.
Others are how she makes you feel, such as telling her that she makes everywhere feel like home. You can find a little bit of everything on this list.
- You’re the light of my life.
- You’re my sunshine when skies are grey.
- You’re adorable.
- If I had another mom, I would punch her in the face and come find you.
- No one can compare to you as a mom.
- You make the best dinners.
- You’re my comfort zone.
- I love the way that everywhere you are feels like home.
- How did I get so lucky to have such a cool mom?
- I am so amazing because I have such an amazing mom.
Compliments For Moms To Show They Are Appreciated
View in gallery
Sometimes, your mom is going to feel like no matter what she does it isn’t enough. She’ll feel like she should be doing more.
Your mother will wish that she was able to do more, give you more, etc. On those days, she needs these compliments to remind her that she’s appreciated.
If your mom has been complaining that no one does anything around the house, it means that she’s overwhelmed and feels underappreciated.
She might feel like no one notices things that she does if she specifically says that too. Make sure that your mom knows that she’s appreciated with a few sweet words that are definitely going to make her day.
- Thank you for everything that you do. I couldn’t ask for a better mom!
- I love the way that you take care of me when I’m sick.
- You do so much you could be a life coach.
- No one cheers me up like you do!
- How do you do it all and look so amazing at the same time!
- I’m really proud that you’re my mom.
- You’re the most dedicated mother I’ve ever heard of.
- All my friends wish that they had a mom like you.
- Thank you for cooking dinner every night. I’ve never seen a mom work as hard as you do and manage cooking healthy meals all the time. You’re amazing!
- I hope that I’m a great mom like you are when I grow up.
The Nicest Things You Can Say To Your Mom
View in gallery
You don’t need to have a reason or occasion to make your mom smile! These compliments will work wonderfully if you’re looking for something to write inside of a Mother’s Day card.
Every compliment is so nice and sweet that you’re going to instantly find something to say to your mom.
When you can’t seem to find the words to express how you feel, these compliments are what you need. They are also guaranteed to make your mom smile.
- I’m really proud that you’re my mom.
- I hope that I turn out just like you!
- Your smile is beautiful!
- I love your new hairstyle.
- You always look so amazing and put together.
- How do you manage to always make sure that the house looks amazing?
- Thanks for always dealing with all of us without losing it. You have no idea how much it means to us.
- Every day I’m impressed by everything that you do.
- I get everything amazing about me from you!
- You’re the most amazing mom. Thank you for being so fantastic!
Specific Compliments Will Make Your Mom Feel Special
Sometimes, compliments like “you’re the best mom” can come off as generic. Or perhaps you’ve said it so much that you need to say something else to let your mom know just how much she means to you.
If that’s the case, consider more specific compliments. Compliment a particular dish that she makes, a change in her appearance, or something that only your mom does.
You see your mom every day, but it’s time to really pay attention. If she has done something different, you should compliment her to let her know that you noticed.
(Keep in mind that it’s always a compliment to us moms when our daughters want to be like us. It’s one of the most flattering things that you can say.)
- I love that your turkey is never dry on Thanksgiving!
- You make the best chicken I’ve ever tasted.
- I like how you always go the extra mile to make sure that we all have a dinner that we like!
- Thank you for always making sure that we eat healthily.
- You always make sure to buy my favorite foods at the store. You’re the best for that!
- Your new haircut looks amazing.
- I love your new hair color! It really makes your eyes pop!
- That new lipstick is gorgeous. What shade is that?
- Where did you get that new dress? I love it!
- Those shoes are adorable!
- I like your handbag. Can I have one like it for Christmas?
- Thanks for taking me to these million doctor appointments. I know you have to because you’re my mom, but you never seem to mind and I love that.
- It’s great that I can talk to you about things that are going on in my life. Thanks for being there.
- Sunday morning breakfast is my favorite part of the week.
- You always switch things up with family time so we all get to do things that we love, and that’s the best.
- I love playing darts with you. You’re literally the best opponent.
- Going fishing with you is the perfect Saturday afternoon.
- You make walking back and forth to school so much fun!
- Thanks for letting me listen to my music when we go places.
- Your new glasses look really good on you.
Compliments For Your Mom About Her Parenting Style
View in gallery
As my kids have grown, I’ve faced a lot of criticism for certain things. I’ve been called a bad mom because I let my kids dye their hair.
I encourage them to be independent and don’t do things for them that they can do themselves (with appropriate age guidelines, of course.) Parents that rush over to their children to do things for them interpret that as me not caring.
Free-range parenting, by nature, faces a lot of criticism. When my daughter found out she was pregnant, I told her congrats. I wanted her to have a happy memory of that moment.
Moms that swore they would beat their child shook their heads at me. It makes my day and reminds me that I’m not totally screwing up everything when my kids compliment my parenting style.
Here are some of my favorite compliments.
- I love that I can come to you with my problems.
- Thanks for not always taking everyone’s side against me.
- I love that you’re supportive no matter what. I think that’s why we’re so close.
- Have you ever seen those families where the teenagers are in their rooms all the time? I’m glad you’re not like that.
- Thanks for not acting like everything I say is annoying. My friend’s parents do that to them a lot.
- I appreciate you always letting me be myself, even if it’s not the same as you.
- Thanks for not being too strict. I felt like I really needed to grow and learn things myself when I was younger, and you gave me the room to do that.
- I am who I am today because of the way that you raised me. Thank you for everything.
- I really like how you don’t spend all day, every day in your room or office.
- You always make time for us. Thank you!
Compliments For Your Mom About Her Hobbies
A lot of things that we do tend to go unnoticed at times. For example, I’m pretty sure that everyone in my house is convinced that towels magically appear in the bathroom clean and neatly folded.
The one day in the past year I’ve been behind on laundry seemed to wreak havoc.
Not only do people not notice the hours spent slaving over laundry, sometimes they don’t notice other things that we have going on, such as our likes and dislikes or our hobbies.
Paying attention and giving your mom a compliment about something that is going on in her life will make her feel as loved as she truly is.
- You were already a great cook, but that cooking class has taken you from good to great.
- You are an amazing painter! You should sell them on Etsy!
- I love the way that you do makeup.
- You’re an amazing hairstylist.
- Your interior decorating skills are always impressive. Our home looks like something out of a magazine.
- You make the best blankets. They’re better than store-bought ones!
- I’ve never met someone with shopping as a hobby before, but you are seriously amazing at finding the best deals.
- You’re getting better and better at quilting!
- I’m glad you don’t have boring hobbies! You’re the coolest mom.
- Will you teach me how to sew? You’re so good at it!
Sweet Things To Say To Your Mother
View in gallery
Sometimes, your mom just needs to hear some sweet words. These compliments for mothers are as sweet as they are unforgettable. You’ll make her day with these compliments.
- You are the best role model a girl could ever ask for.
- Every meal that you make me is full of love.
- You are my shooting star.
- Who needs to make wishes when you help me make all of my dreams come true?
- My world is amazing because you’re in it.
- God knew that he couldn’t be everywhere. That’s why he gave us mothers like you.
- Your arms are so cozy I don’t even need comfort items.
- I’m so proud of you.
- I have unconditional love for you.
- I cherish every single day that we get to spend time together.
Beautiful Things To Say To Your Mom That She’ll Never Forget
Words are so much more than just mere words. Sometimes, you need words that express how you feel. You want them to be words that your mom will remember forever, and that will truly touch her heart.
- The very essence of your soul is beautiful.
- You’re prettier than a sunset.
- God didn’t give me a guardian angel because I already have you.
- Your love is so pure it remains unrivaled.
- You have the voice of an angel.
- All of the advice that you’ve given me has helped me so much. There are no words to express how grateful I am for everything that I have, and everything that I am, because of you.
- You are the definition of love itself.
- You’re so much more to me than just a mom. You’re the one person in the world that inspires me to be the best that I can be. You encourage me to both work towards my goals and accomplish them. You’ve created a safe haven for me in a world full of evil. More than anything, you’re an angel on Earth. No one can ever compare to you as a mom.
- Every day I remember how blessed I am to have someone like you in my life.
- I would never trade anything in the world for you. You’re truly irreplaceable.
Compliment Your Mom On Her Personality
View in gallery
There are so many different aspects to a person, and it’s nice to know that someone loves all of you. If you’re looking for a way to compliment your mom, let her know that you love her as a person.
- You are such a strong person.
- I love how you are so positive, and always see the bright side of things.
- Your optimism makes a bleak world seem so much brighter.
- You’re so real. I never have to wonder whether you mean what you say to me, and I love that about you.
- As a mom, I know that things are tough for you. However, you’ve always managed to make things happen, and I admire you for that.
- I hope that I turn out as awesome as you when I’m a grown-up.
- You’ve always been so down to earth it never stops inspiring me.
- I love how caring and kind you are.
- Your heart is so big and so generous. It’s one of my favorite things about you.
- You are such a hard worker. I’m really blessed to have you as a mom.
More Wonderful Things To Say To Your Mom
Sometimes, you don’t need a specific compliment. Some nice things don’t fit into a category. These are wonderful compliments that you can shower your mom with any time to remind her that she is loved, appreciated, and simply wonderful.
- It’s so cool how you are always there when I need you to be, always passionate about things you love, and you’re so nice. I wish everyone had a mom like you.
- I love when you sing. You have the prettiest voice.
- You give the best hugs.
- I love you!
- There is no other mother on this Earth like you! I mean that in a good way!
- You’re beautiful!
- I love your hair!
- You have the prettiest eyes.
- I really like your sense of style.
- Your shoe collection is to die for!
- How did I wind up with the best mom in the world?
- Is it possible to get any cooler than you?
- You have the best vibes.
- Your skin is absolutely flawless.
- I’ll never understand how you can look so amazing without a single drop of makeup.
- You’re beautiful, both inside and outside.
- I will never figure out how you manage to get everything done. You’re a miracle worker.
- You have a heart of gold, the soul of an angel, and the looks of a goddess.
- Sometimes I wish I would have met you when we were both teenagers. We would have been best friends!
- If I couldn’t have you as a mom, I would want to be your best friend!
- Thank you for always waving back when I was little!
- You find the most beautiful moments in the smallest things.
- Thank you for teaching me to believe in myself.
- Because of the way that you raised me, I always feel happy and at peace.
- Thank you for teaching me everything that you did, especially how to be a beautiful person like you.
- The only thing better than me having you for a mother is my daughter having you for a grandmother.
- Motherhood is the definition of love.
- You’ll always be in my heart.
- I’m really glad that you’re in my life.
- There are so many parents that abandon their children when they turn 18, and I’m really glad that you didn’t do that. You have no idea how much you mean to me.
Moms are truly special. They are the ones that will always be there regardless of where life takes you. They help you make the best memories, show you the way through life, and are your teacher for life.
These are just a few of the wonderful compliments that you can give your mom to show her how much she means to you.