We’re supported by moms. When you buy through links on our site, As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a commission.
Finding out you are expecting is an exciting time and you want to share your news with everyone that you know. But what if you want a more creative way to tell everyone your big news.
We can help you out, we have put together some of the best pregnancy riddles to make your big announcement super unique and fun!
There are a wide variety of ways to announce your good news. But if you are looking for a unique way then a riddle offers not only a unique way but also a creative one.
Once you have decided on a riddle there are many ways in which you can share it. Social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram where you send the riddle to your friends and let them answer on there.
You could send the riddle in a phone message and wait for their response. You could go really old school and send them a postcard or card with the riddle printed or handwritten on it.
If you want to make a real occasion of your announcement, you could host a party for all your family and friends and play a solve-the-riddle game.
You could ask them the riddle and wait to see their reaction as they figure it out. Though you will need to arrange the party in the early months before your baby bump gives you away.
Table of Contents
- “I can bring a smile to your face, a tear to your eyes, or even a thought to your mind, but I can’t be seen yet, what am I?”
- “What has two feet and a belly to tickle and can cause a craving for ice cream and pickles?”
- “What has two hearts, 4 eyes and will make you do a double-take and will be keeping me from getting any good sleep for a while?”
- “Twinkle twinkle little star! How I wonder what you are? Pink or blue, who can say, we will be happy either way”
- “The baker and I have something in common. Dare you make a guess? That’s right, people. We are both cooking a bun in our ovens”
- “I can’t wait till it’s here. It gets a new name, without it my life stays the same. It’s sweet, it requires work but it’s pure joy. It comes in two kinds, a girl or a boy”
- “In the belly, I do grow. Tiny hands and tiny toes. Secret will my gender be. Although you might already see. Between the lines, the truth does lay. On the surface confused you’ll stay. You might be happy either way!”
- “What rhymes with maybe and starts with ‘B’ and will be here in nine short months?”
- “All superheroes need a sidekick, are you ready to meet ours?”
- “What has ten fingers and ten little toes, two sleepy eyes, and a cute button nose? What has two feet and a belly to tickle and cause a craving for ice cream and pickle? With just one more hint, we’re sure you’ll see, the answer to this riddle begins with ‘B’.
- “One dream became two”
- With a photo of the bump. “First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes…arriving soon!”
- “In mommy’s belly I will grow. Tiny fingers and tiny toes. Some don’t know what my gender will be. Although you might already see. Guess if I’m a girl or boy. I‘m sure either way, you’ll jump for joy. Read this poem with great care. Look really close, but please don’t share!”
You have decided to share your news using a riddle, but if you want them to spend a little more time figuring it out then why not try one of these more difficult riddles.
- “What get’s a shower but doesn’t get wet?”
- “OV (BUN) EN”
- “Small and tiny, it grows and grows, when the time comes, away we go”
- “I’m as big as a lentil at 6 weeks grown, in nine months my presence will be made known, What am I?”
- “I can be created by humans but they cannot control me. I suck on wood, paper, and flesh alike. I can be more of a hindrance than a help at times. To my creators, I seem to be everywhere at once. What am I?”
- “Who hauls around cargo, doesn’t sleep, and grows hair in weird places?”
- “What is tiny, causing me lots of grief and will make its appearance in (birth month)?”
- Once they answer these equations, they will have to switch the number for the corresponding letter in the alphabet. “3568/1784= 300-(974-675)= The square root of 4= (250×2)/20=”
- “We’ve decided that we no longer want to sleep, have time to ourselves, or have a clean house”
- “I’m small but very important and loved already. I’m free to make but expensive over time. You’ll see me very soon but cannot see me yet. What am I?”
- “My to-do list for the next six months: Buy bigger clothes, decorate a room, find a crib and toys, get rounder, get a bigger car, brainstorm names, have a….”
- “We are pleased to announce that due to hard work and a good attitude, we will be promoting our youngest son/daughter to big brother/sister”
- “I’m giving up a few things like lunch meat, caffeine, sushi, and alcohol for 9 months”
- “I’m patiently waiting for the day my back hurts, my feet are swollen and I walk like a duck”
- “Looking forward to a new tax deduction in (year)”
- “Oops, we did it again”
- “So good you can’t have just one. (with a photo of baby onesie and shoes)”
For Your Partner
Of course, the first person who deserves to hear the big news is your partner. Here are some great pregnancy riddles to ask him.
If you are looking for some other ideas to make the announcement to your partner then check out our Surprise Pregnancy Announcement Ideas For Husbands.
- “It’s been you and me for quite some time. And a house too big for two lonely souls, but that’s going to change in a few short months. For heaven has heard our secret desire. Our family is growing by one heart and two feet.”
- “If I can’t ride a rollercoaster or jump in a hot tub and you need to go on an ice cream run and scoop the cat litter box, then we must be… (pregnant, yay!)
- “Who am I? First I enter the world. Then I steal everybody’s heart. I cry all the time. The next step is to learn to crawl. I’ll also need to learn to walk, right after I learn to say mommy and daddy. Then comes my favorite part, playing with my big sister/brother”
- “Pink or blue, I still don’t know. Will have to wait till (delivery month) to see. What am I?”
For Family and Friends
Sharing your news with family and friends is a special time. But if you would like to share the news with grandparents before the rest of the family, why not check out Awesome Pregnancy Announcement Ideas For Grandparents.
- “Could be pink, could be blue, all we know is that we’re due!”
- “Roses are red, violets are blue, chocolate is sweet but not as sweet as you. Cupid’s been busy so we are due!”
- “It grows and grows for nine short months and it brings joy and happiness to all in the house. Its cry is the sweetest sound, its smile the most precious thing, its cute face makes the heart melt. It’s time to start making preparations grandad and grandma, we have a baby on the way!”
- “We’ve waited a while to share our lovely news, it looks like we’ll be shopping for some tiny little shoes”
- “We are happy to announce there’s going to be a shower on May 23rd. You don’t need an umbrella but a pack of diapers will be fine”
- “We’re resting up while we can. We will be missing a lot of sleep starting in (due date month)”
- “It’s time to start making preparations you two. You’re going to get new names very soon. I’m pretty sure we will all start calling you ‘grandma’ and ‘grandpa.”
- “You can stop buying us wine, perfumes, and similar presents. From now on we’ll only need things like baby onesies, bibs, bottles, and pillows for breastfeeding. Yay, a new baby is on the way”
- Send this via email to your family and friends with a family picture of you with your first child. “Cost of a camera…$200. Cost of email…free. Getting our child to smile for a family photo…impossible. Counting how many people are actually in this picture…priceless.”
How long should you wait before announcing pregnancy?
Many parents-to-be wait until the end of the first trimester – around 12-13 weeks before they tell friends and family about their big news.
But there are a number of different factors that can influence why many people wait until around this time to make their announcement.
Is 8 weeks too early to announce pregnancy?
There are no set rules as to when you choose to announce your pregnancy. Some women wait until they are around 12 weeks, while others can’t wait for the dipstick to be dry before announcing their news.
Everyone’s circumstances are different, so it is completely up to you.
The Final Thought
Pregnancy announcement riddles are a unique and fun way to announce your exciting news.
Choosing to make your announcement with a riddle will surprise and excite your family and friends, especially if you choose a difficult riddle, as they solve it.
So choose a riddle that is perfect for you and your family, whether that means you go for a fun one or a difficult one – enjoy making your big news!