As your baby grows and becomes more mobile, you will want to get them something that will not only keep them stimulated but active and is lots of fun for them.
This is when you may find yourself puzzling and researching the best option between an Exersaucer vs Jumperoo vs a walker for your baby and your home.
As a mom to five children, I have tried them all and they are all a good option for different children and different spaces. The one you choose will most definitely come down to a personal choice.
So to help you make the best choice, we have taken an in-depth look at each one along with the differences and similarities and the top 3 of each product.
In this article
- What Is A Exersaucer vs Jumperoo vs Walker?
- Main Differences Between An Exersaucer vs Jumperoo vs Walker
- Similarities Between An Exersaucer vs Jumperoo vs Walker
- Top 3 Exersaucers
- Top 3 Jumperoos
- Top 3 Walkers
- Which Is Right For Me?
- The Final Thought
What Is A Exersaucer vs Jumperoo vs Walker?
|Evenflo Exersaucer Moovin & Groovin Activity Center||Prime||Buy Now|
|Lovely Kids Baby Exersaucer activity center infant bouncer||Prime||Buy Now|
|Baby Einstein Rhythm of The Reef Activity Saucer||Prime||Buy Now|
An Exersaucer is an updated version of a baby walker with one essential difference in that it does not come with wheels and your baby will not be able to propel themselves forward or backward.
An Exersaucer has a place for your baby to sit and has a saucer-shaped bottom to it, hence its name, and it stays in one place.
Your baby is surrounded by various activities to encourage their fine motor skills, vision, and general curiosity. It will also encourage your little ones gross motor skills as they can rock the Exersaucer while they are playing.
|Dream On Me, Zany Activity Center Bouncer, Elephant Print||Prime||Buy Now|
|Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo||Prime||Buy Now|
|MINNIE MOUSE PeekABoo Activity Jumper||Prime||Buy Now|
This is a great option for infants to exercise and play in. They were initially a hoop suspended by elastic straps within a frame. These elastic straps allow your baby to bounce and jump around while remaining in one place.
Many Jumperoos now come with a solid circular base, with a fabric seat suspended between four elastic straps allowing your baby to jump and bounce.
They are also surrounded by an activity tray that stimulates your baby’s brain helping them to develop both their gross and fine motor skills.
|Tiny Love Meadow Days Here I Grow 4-in-1 Baby Walker and Mobile Activity Center||Prime||Buy Now|
|Safety 1st Ready, Set, Walk! DX Developmental Walker, Nantucket 2, One Size||Prime||Buy Now|
|Delta Children Lil’ Play Station 4-in-1 Activity Walker - Rocker||Prime||Buy Now|
A baby walker is a piece of equipment used by infants who cannot yet walk steadily on their own. They usually have a base made from hard plastic that sits on top of a set of wheels, it also has a suspended fabric seat that your baby sits in.
A baby walker allows your baby to propel themselves backward, forward, and side to side.
Whereas many walkers used to come with seats that only face one way, the more modern ones now have a design that allows your baby to turn any direction they want by moving the seat.
It should be noted The American Academy of Pediatrics urges parents not to use baby walkers due to the risk of serious injuries.
Main Differences Between An Exersaucer vs Jumperoo vs Walker
To help avoid some of the confusion between these different products here are some of the main differences between them:
- Walkers allow your child to propel themselves in different directions, while both the Exersaucer and Jumperoo remain in one place.
- A Jumperoo concentrates on the jumping motion, while an Exersaucers motion is more round in circles.
- Both the seat and table on an Exersaucer remain stationary while on a Jumperoo they are suspended on large bungees and move up and down as your baby bounces.
Similarities Between An Exersaucer vs Jumperoo vs Walker
Here are some of the main similarities between these three products:
- All three products come with some sort of activity table.
- All three products have their advantages and disadvantages such s price, space needed, and life expectancy.
Top 3 Exersaucers
The Evenflo Exersaucer is an Amazon’s Choice product and is a fantastic example of this type of product.
The activity center is designed for children from 4 months to walking age and helps with the development of core leg strength, reaching and stretching, and also spine and neck development.
It also has a bounce and spin feature which helps to develop these skills further.
It comes with an activity table that includes 10 plus activities that encourage development in reaching for hanging toys, sitting up, and a tray that comes with a mirror that helps to promote self-awareness.
Along with a barrel and cow spinner to help develop imagination and toys with manual sounds that help your baby to understand cause and effect.
The seat also has a 360-degree turn allowing your baby to interact with all the activities available to them.
The Moovin and Groovin center also comes with a three height-adjustable setting allowing it to easily grow with your little one. It also has removable toys and the seat is machine washable making it super easy to clean and sanitize.
It also meets or exceeds the American Section of the International Association for Testing Materials for activity centers.
- It is good value for money.
- Quite easy to assemble
- Brightly colored and comes with a good range of toys.
- The simple design is not so overwhelming for babies.
- There have been reports of some sharp edges that have scratched little one’s legs.
- The seat is very uncomfortable with only a thin fabric between the plastic seat and the baby’s bum.
- One toy will need to be removed as it has the potential to hit your baby in the head.
- It does not come with all the toys so you will have some empty slots.
This mega splash features beach-themed toys that your baby will love to interact and play with. It helps to develop their neck, back, and leg muscles as well as gross motor skills.
The Activity Center features a convenient removable tray that is dishwasher safe. It also comes with a height-adjustable feature allowing it to grow with your child.
- Comes with plenty of activities to keep them stimulated for good periods of time.
- Easy to construct.
- Toys can be removed for easy cleaning.
- Some reports of safety issues concerning legs collapsing.
- Many reviews state that they received a different colored product.
The Baby Einstein brand is well known for creating toys that help to develop and enhance a child’s learning experience.
The reef activity center is a sit-in place product that comes with 3 different height settings and is recommended for baby’s aged 6-12 months.
It comes with 11 activities that invite your little one to discover the underwater world. the seat rotates 360 degrees allowing for easy access to the entire tray. The seat is machine washable and the toy tray is easy to clean.
- A good range of toys included helping to stimulate and develop your baby.
- Easy to construct.
- Comes with musical toys and they have a volume setting so can be set to low.
- Some concerns about the durability of the toys.
- Some issues with the stability of the activity saucer.
Top 3 Jumperoos
This product provides a safe environment for your little ones to play. It comes with a range of colorful toys, 12 songs with flashing lights. It also has three height-adjustable positions so that it can grow with your baby.
The seat has a 360 degree spin for easy access to all the toys included along with a bounce ability to help develop those gross motor skills and core leg muscles.
This Jumperoo has won a whole host of different awards from Top Choice Award to Product of the Year awards.
- Affordable Jumperoo
- Easy to set up
- Compact and comes with engaging toys.
- No volume control on those for the music.
- some issues with balancing the base.
The Rainforest Jumperoo is a safe, comfortable, and inviting place for your baby to burn off some energy.
The seat comes with a 360-degree rotation allowing your baby to reach all the toys included and has a three-position height adjustment for that perfect fit for your little one.
It comes with a vast range of activities included from hanging toys, electronic toys that have motion, music, and lights. Another great plus of this Jumperoo is that it is foldable for easy storage and portability.
- Keeps children engaged for extended periods of time.
- Provides great activities for active little ones.
- Rated 4.8 stars by Amazon reviews.
- Folds for convenient storage.
- More expensive than some similar products.
- Some stickers are peeling
- The height settings have too big a gap between them.
This Disney themed peek-a-boo jumper comes with a 360-degree seat allowing your baby to access all 12 toys and activities. It is recommended for children who are 6 months and up.
It comes complete with a range of toys that provide teethers, toys that can be pulled, twisted, and manipulated to encourage your baby to use all their senses. It also has both lights and sounds included in the toy station.
The seat pad is machine washable making it easy to keep clean and sanitized at all times.
- Comes with a good range of toys.
- The seat is machine washable and has a 360-degree rotation.
- Bright and colorful
- The frame can be a little unsteady.
- Maybe one more height notch would be a nice addition.
Top 3 Walkers
This is another product that is an Amazon Choice walker/activity center. It is a multi-functional product that can be used as a stationary activity center, push along, jumper or walker.
This offers great value for money for parents and each activity can grow as your baby reaches a new developmental milestone.
It comes with over 20 different activities that help to develop cognition, language, fine motor skills, senses, gross motor skills, creativity, and emotional intelligence.
The Tiny Love is easy to clean and the seat pad is fully machine washable so you can always keep it looking like new.
- Easy to construct
- Over 20 different activities
- Machine-washable seat cover
- Multi-purpose product.
- It does require considerable effort in order to get it to bounce.
This safety 1st walker comes with 3 toys and 12 charming songs and flashing lights. All of these will help to develop gross motor skills, thinking, and problem-solving.
The tray is crevice-free meaning that it is easily wiped clean and so can be kept hygienic for your little one.
The baby walker has three adjustable heights and an extra-wide base to provide stability
- 3 child development toys with multiple activities
- Comes with 12 songs and flashing lights
- 3 adjustable height settings
- Extra wide base designed for stability
- Not suitable for carpeted floors.
- Poor quality screws on the battery compartment.
- Some issues with pinching baby’s finger.
This is Amazon’s Choice walker and comes with a range of interactive activities. It comes with a 360-degree spin that allows your baby to travel in any direction and reach any of the entertaining toys.
This 3 in 1 activity center can also be converted from a rocker to a stationary activity center to a bouncer, and then a walker, allowing for a multi-use piece of equipment.
It also has a three height adjustment allowing it to accommodate your child for a longer period of time. The activity center includes activities that help to build motor skills and early mental development.
- Multi-use piece of equipment.
- Good quality toys.
- Very colorful
- Quite difficult to construct.
- Toys are very difficult to get in and even harder to get out.
Which Is Right For Me?
This is going to be a very personal choice and will depend on a few different factors such as price, space available, age, and stage of development.
If your baby will potentially have access to stairs or a floor area that is not completely on one level then a baby walker is not going to be the best option as there are too many potential dangers for you to worry about.
Exersaucers and Jumperoos are both going to be a good option and they are both available in a variety of sizes, price ranges, and designs.
Jumperoos do tend to take up more space due to the frame and bungee like straps. so if you are struggling for space this may not be the best option and an Exersaucer may be a better choice.
The Final Thought
All three products have their place and it will very much come down to parents’ personal choice as to which they choose for their little ones. But hopefully, we have provided you with plenty of options and things to consider before making that choice.