We’re supported by moms. When you buy through links on our site, As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a commission.
Child-sized tea sets have been a staple on most children’s toy list for generations. Children can play for hours as they pretend to drink tea with Spiderman or the latest Princess.
They can even drink real beverages with friends. These toy tea sets help to develop fine motor skills, social skills and also give children the opportunity for open-ended play.
If you are looking for a toy tea set for your little one you have probably realized by now that there is a vast variety available on the market. But which one is best?
Why don’t you grab yourself a cuppa and settle down as we round up the best tea sets for 2020?
Table of Contents
- 1 Short On Time? Here Are Our Top 5 Choices
- 2 Have a Fun Time With These Best Tea Party Sets
- 2.1 1. LeapFrog Sweet Treats Musical Deluxe Tea Set
- 2.2 2. Melissa & Doug Bella Butterfly Tea Set
- 2.3 3. Green Toys Tea Set
- 2.4 4. Toysmith 17-piece Li’l Tea Tote Set
- 2.5 5. Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Sweet Manners Tea Set
- 2.6 6. Hape Tea For Two Wooden Play Kitchen Set
- 2.7 7. Alex Pretend Tea Time Set
- 2.8 8. Cheffun Tea Party Set
- 2.9 9. Wobbly Jelly Stomping Dinosaur Cafe Set
- 2.10 10. Disney Beauty & The Beast Live Action Tea Set
- 2.11 11. Toys Tea Set 50 Piece
- 2.12 12. Learning Resources Serving Shapes Tea Set
- 2.13 13. Small Foot Wooden Tea Party Set
- 2.14 14. Schylling Summer Bugs Tin Tea Set
- 2.15 15. Folding Table with Tea Set
- 3 The Final Thought
Short On Time? Here Are Our Top 5 Choices
|Top||LeapFrog Sweet Treats Musical Deluxe Tea Set (Amazon Exclusive)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Melissa & Doug Bella Butterfly Tea Set (FFP)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Green Toys Tea Set, Blue/Red/Yellow||Prime||Buy Now|
|Toysmith 17-Piece Li'l Tea Tote Set||Prime||Buy Now|
|Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Sweet Manners Tea Set||Prime||Buy Now|
Have a Fun Time With These Best Tea Party Sets
This set is a great choice whether your little one has friends around to play with or is having tea with their toys.
It comes with a magical teapot, four teacups, four forks, four plates, two napkins, four cupcakes, a cupcake box, five cake slices, a cake server, a cake stand, and three slices of bread.
The light-up teapot plays 50+ songs, phrases, and tea party sounds. It is recommended for ages 1-3 years old and helps to build social skills like taking turns, sharing, and patience.
- Helps to build early vocabulary, counting, and social skills
- The songs add an extra element to their play
- Made from durable plastic
- Good value set
- Some parents believe pieces are too large for this age group
- The cake stand is not very durable
- Napkins and cake boxes will tear easily.
If you have never heard of Melissa & Doug toys you must have been living under a rock. Their toys are considered the gold standard when it comes to most toys and has been the case for over 30 years.
Their butterfly tea set is no exception, it has a charming design although this may not appeal to all children. It is made from high-quality materials that are ideal for children aged 3-5 years old.
The set includes 4 pink cups and 4 green leaf tea plates. It also includes 4 spoons, teapot, creamer, and sugar bowl with lid. All items are certified food-safe, are dishwasher safe, and contain no BPAs or PVCs. These toys are built to last.
- High-quality materials and construction, built to last.
- All items are certified food-safe with no toxins or BPAs.
- Beautiful pink and green butterfly theme.
- Although dishwasher safe the cups can get damaged over time. It may be better to hand wash as much as possible.
- The butterfly design may not be to every child’s liking.
As you may have guessed their company name is a reflection of the materials that they use to make them.
This tea set is made from 100% recycled material with recycled cardboard packaging. The materials are all nontoxic and meet FDA standards. They also contain no BPA or harmful chemicals.
The set includes a teapot, sugar bowl, creamer, four cups, four saucers, and four spoons. The set comes in blue, red, and yellow colors making it suitable for most children’s tastes.
They are all dishwasher friendly so there is no problem if the children want to drink real juice, tea, or milk out of them.
- Lovely colors that will suit the vast majority of children
- Meets FDA standards for food safety
- Made from 100% recycled materials
- Over time the teapot can develop leaks.
- The sugar container has holes in the bottom.
Plastic sets are great for younger children as they are durable and safe. But older children may want something a little more grown-up and that’s where this 17 piece porcelain set comes into its own. It has a painted floral design and looks just like an adult tea set.
The set comes with a cushioned carry case, teapot, four cups, four saucers, four spoons, a sugar bowl, and creamer. The cushioned carry case means that you can take the set anywhere without any fear of it being damaged.
As this set is made from porcelain and is more fragile than its plastic counterparts it is recommended for ages 8 years and up.
- Cushioned carry case holds the entire set securely.
- The set is made from real porcelain
- Suitable for children aged 8 years plus.
- More fragile than its plastic counterparts.
This tea set is sized just right for little hands. As your little one pours the tea into a cup, the spout lights up magically and it also makes glugging sounds and plays songs.
The tea set comes with 10 interactive play pieces including a light-up teapot, musical tea bag button, 5 puzzle play treats, and more than 30 songs, sounds, and phrases.
This set also has three levels of teaching that you can alter to suit the needs and stages of your little one. It is a great toy for teaching children table manners.
As your child gets more confident, they can use the tray like a jigsaw puzzle and rearrange the pieces to fit in the correct place.
- An excellent toy to teach table manners
- Good range of songs and sounds
- Comes with three different levels that get progressively more advanced.
- There is no volume control and is quite loud
Unlike the other tea sets that we have reviewed this one is made from wood. It comes with a teapot, cups, tray, and much more. The quality wood is finished in nontoxic paints making them completely child-safe. The recommended age is 3-5 years old
- Beautifully made a high-quality set
- Made from wood giving children different material to experience
- Pieces are quite small but suitable for the recommended age range.
- Can not hold real liquids
This is a tea set made with another alternative material to plastic, this time it is made completely of tin. It comes with four cups, four saucers, four plates, and a serving tray.
It comes in a beautiful floral theme and has a case that everything can be stored in. this is great for both indoor and outdoor use and is recommended for children aged 3 and up.
- Made from high-quality durable materials.
- Beautifully finished in a floral design
- Comes with its own case
- Tea set is quite small
- The small tea tray bends out of shape and does not go back
- The beautiful case is not very sturdy for toddlers.
This set is more than just a tea set and comes with a 3 tier cake stand complete with cakes.
It also comes with 4 plates, 14 pastry deserts, 1 pastry server, 1 teapot, 1 tray, 4 teacups filled with hot swirled coffee, 4 coasters, 4 spoons, and 4 forks. It has an elegant design that almost looks like an adult porcelain set.
The Cheffun tea set is great for imaginative play and developing childen’s skills.
- The tea set is so cute
- Plenty of pieces to encourage imaginative play
- Quite small in size
- Cheaply made
To be honest it was nice to see a tea set that was more aimed at boys for a change. This dinosaur-themed set comes with 4 mugs, 4 plates, 4 spoons, a teapot, a milk jug, and a serving tray.
Each individual piece is illustrated with different dinosaurs and it comes with its own carry case so everything can be packed away safely.
A great tea set for crossing the gender barrier in these kinds of toys. This is also Amazon’s choice for a boy tea set.
- Good quality and durable
- Perfect size for toddlers
- There were no negatives except that some people had received set with a few missing parts.
This tea set is modeled on the Beauty and the Beast film and is designed to represent Mrs. Potts and Chip.
Quite cute in that Mrs. Potts’s eyes blink when the tea is poured and Chip wobbles on his saucer. It comes with a teapot, two cups, two saucers, two spoons, and a sugar bowl. Recommended for ages 3 and up.
- A simple set that children love
- Beautiful set
- Does not hold liquid of any kind, it pours out the bottom.
- Images on set are quite disturbing
This set is a little more than just a simple tea set as it comes with over 50 pieces including pretend cake, cookies, pizza, plates, teapot, teacups, serving knife, fork, and spoon.
This set is great for encouraging creativity, hand-eye coordination, and the development of social skills.
The set is made from high-quality materials ensuring that it should stand up to the rough handling of young children. It also comes with a box so everything can be stored safely inside to prevent the loss of any pieces.
- A good value set
- Beautiful set
- Encourages the development of motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and social skills
- Very cheaply made
- The teapot does not hold water as it has a crack in the bottom of it.
This tea set includes a colorful teapot, five teacups, and saucers.
It helps to introduce children to colors, shapes, and numbers meaning that you can add these little learning experiences to your child’s tea party play without them even noticing that they are learning.
The set packs away into the teapot for easy storage and ensuring pieces don’t get lost.
- Helps to teach numbers, colors, and shapes.
- Bright colors
- Not very durable and feels quite cheap
- Not as entertaining as other similar products.
Another tea set made from wood and it comes with 1 tea kettle, a sugar bowl, creamer, two teacups, 2 stirring spoons, 3 serving plates, and 5 colorful treats. the set is made from wood from FSC certified forests in support of environmental sustainability.
All the items have rounded edges and are painted in non-toxic water-based paint. Suitable for children 3 years and up.
- Beautiful high-quality tea set
- Lovely details
- Made from environmentally sustainable wood.
- Painted in nontoxic water-based paint.
- Smaller than expected
Another beautiful tin tea set. The design of the pieces is bright and colorful, perfect for children. It comes with a tray, 4 cups, 4 saucers, 4 plates, and a teapot with a removable lid. A set that is sure to encourage a wealth of imaginative play.
- Beautiful set with bright colorful designs
- Very durable set
- Well priced
- The set is quite small but perfect for toddlers.
- Bends and dents quite easily.
This is a little twist on the traditional tea set in that it comes with its own table and fruit that you can cut instead of cake.
The full set includes 4 Plates, 4 Spoons, 4 Knives, 4 Forks, 4 drinks, 1 soup ladle, 1 cup with saucer, 1 Lemon, 1 bowl, and 1 teacup. The fruit included is cuttable and is great for children to not only practice their cutting skills but also their fine motor skills.
All the pieces are made from nontoxic quality materials and can all be packed into the folding table for safe storage. Recommended for 2 years and up.
- Everything packs away into the folding table
- Velcro cuttable fruit is great for fine motor skills
- Good variety of items included
- The lid of the table sits on top instead of snapping into place
- Feels cheaply made and not very durable
The Final Thought
With such a variety of great products available, you will be spoilt for choice. Our top pick is the LeapFrog Sweet Treats Musical Deluxe Tea Set.
It is not only a tea set but also helps with early vocabulary, comes with some super cute sound effects, and also has a cake tray. Really what else could any little kid want from a tea set?
Toy tea sets and other toys that offer open-ended play for children are a great addition to any home.
They offer a child the opportunity to develop motor skills, social skills and to understand the logical order of something like making tea.
It is best to look for items that are made from high-quality durable materials as they do tend to get a little bit of a rough life with toddlers.